About the GMI environment
- Team and family oriented philosophy throughout
- We make a difference by manufacture products for healthcare companies that save lives
- Plenty of on-site amenities and special events
- Work hard play hard mentality
GMI Solutions – Building & Grounds Maintenance Technician
Under the direction of the Warehouse Manager, the Building & Grounds Maintenance Technician is responsible for the general cleaning and maintenance activities for the facility and grounds in accordance with company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary to meet the needs of the organization from time to time, as needed.
- Perform building maintenance activities to include: collect and remove all waste, placing recyclable materials in the proper containers; sweep and/or mop floors; vacuum carpets and rugs; replace burned out lights; maintain and minor repairs to bathroom and drinking fixtures and plumbing; replace or repair ceiling tiles; patch/paint walls; all other building related activities.
- Maintains equipment and tools used in performance of duties.
- Move office furniture and equipment from office to office.
- Provides monitoring and maintenance of drains, sumps, and other related storm water control equipment.
- Grounds maintenance, such as pick up and dispose of trash on lawns and in parking lots; remove snow using snow removal equipment and shovels; spread snow and ice melting chemicals on sidewalks and parking areas.
- Monitor and maintain building and grounds supplies, ordering as necessary.
- Run errands and pick up supplies and parts as requested.
- Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, plumbing, HVAC, and other infrastructure equipment.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Assist in daily Warehousing tasks.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires High school diploma or equivalent and one-year related experience; preferably in a manufacturing environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Basic working knowledge of building maintenance, preventative maintenance, plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Must have ability to correctly and safely mix and use proper solutions of chemicals for use in cleaning operations and building maintenance.
- Must have knowledge and training in the use of all tools and equipment used in building maintenance and repair.
- Requires good oral and written communication skills in order to interact professionally and courteously with other Associates.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Willing to become forklift operator certified within 1 month of hire.
- Have Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach above shoulders; use foot/feet to operate equipment; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The employee must regularly work at heights of 20 to 30 feet using ladders or lift equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
This position is factory based, in Mequon, WI.
We’re a medium size, family-oriented company that values our associates and are looking for your leadership to make a difference to the company’s overall success and we’ll be here to help.
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you!
If you have questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org