Business Development Representative
About the GMI environment
- GMI is a well established contract manufacturer established in 1983
- Team and family oriented philosophy throughout
- Plenty of on-site amenities and special events
- Work hard play hard mentality
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is a charismatic hands-on customer focused salesperson with excellent people skills, a fast learner and interested in supporting new sales efforts while rounding their knowledge in a very technical, high touch sales environment. The BDR is responsible for supporting sales functions in pursuit of opportunities with new customers and within existing accounts coordinating with GMI’s Business Development Managers (BDM), Sales Engineers (SE), and internal Staff (Engineering, Service, Quality, Manufacturing, Operations, Purchasing) on new and existing OEM programs.
Responsible for supporting sales development activities related to selling GMI Solutions manufacturing services for target OEM customers. Key focus is customer engagements, scheduling introductory meetings for BDMs, supporting quotes and outbound marketing efforts. Technical knowledge of computing systems, electro-mechanical systems, medical devices or contract manufacturing is a plus.
This a factory-based position, with mild to moderate travel expected.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary to meet the needs of the organization from time to time.
- Reach out to prospective customers and contacts for initial introductions, meeting scheduling and follow up.
- Develop B2B relationships with direct teams and different levels of decision makers at OEM companies.
- Support meetings, agendas, goals and internal and external timelines.
- At times travel to customers with a BDM.
- Cold and warm calling for new target customers and sales opportunities.
- Coordinate with BDM and Sales Engineers to develop proposals and quotations utilizing predefined pricing models, document templates and business marketing materials.
- Work with Director of Marketing to support outbound direct marketing initiatives.
- Observe and learn to become a BDM full time.
- Utilize internal systems and maintain records that provide for the proper evaluation, control and documentation of assigned activities; prepares a variety of written correspondence, reports, procedures, directives and other materials.
- Update internal CRM database with current activities.
- Maintain program status within supplied tools.
- Working with the Director of Business Development to set quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires either graduation from a four-year college or university or a minimum of 3 years relative experience within or related to the sales function; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Maintain customer relationships.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications, telephone skills a must.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities often with competing deadlines.
- Ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures.
- Prepare clear, concise and informative reports, correspondence and other written materials.
We offer excellent benefits and competitive compensation based on experience, including:
- Base salary
- Uncapped commission potential
- Profit Sharing
- 401k Plan with match
- Health Insurance
- HSA Plan
- Company Phone + Laptop
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Personal/Sick Days
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the City; strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
This is a factory-based position working out of the Mequon, WI facility.
We’re a medium size, family-oriented company that values our associates and are looking for your leadership to make a difference to the company’s overall success and we’ll be here to help.
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you!
If you have questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org