Customer Service Representative
About the GMI environment
- GMI is a well established contract manufacturer established in 1983
- Team and family oriented philosophy throughout
- Plenty of on-site amenities and special events
- Work hard play hard mentality
Under direct supervision from the Director of Sales Operations, this position will assume responsibility for day-to-day activities and functions in a designated sales account program; managing customer accounts, order processing, customer service, and run rate business functions; and perform related work as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary to meet the needs of the organization from time to time, as needed.
- Enter customer orders for systems, components, and service parts. Provide quotations when necessary.
- Obtain purchase orders from customer in a timely manner and follow guidelines of customer purchasing programs and agreements.
- Maintain bookings including customer forecast fluctuations, monitor orders, and manage late shipments and backlog.
- Assist AR department with invoice discrepancies and customer payment issues.
- Collect forecast information for existing programs.
- Work directly with the Customer and GMI Engineering, Production, Procurement and Quality personnel to ensure consistent production and quality of existing programs.
- Manage RMA orders and requirements, as directed.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Ability to foster a team oriented cooperative work environment.
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Prepare clear, concise, and informative reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a cross functional structure.
- Manage multiple tasks, often with competing deadlines.
- Program planning and implementation skills.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
Physical requirements and working conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the office. Strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds. Vision to read printed materials and a computer screen. Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment This position is factory based, in Mequon, WI.
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you!
If you have questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com