About the GMI environment
- GMI is a well established contract manufacturer established in 1983
- Team and family oriented philosophy throughout
- Plenty of on-site amenities and special events
- Work hard play hard mentality
Under the direction of the Warehouse Manager, the Incoming Inspector is responsible for the receipt, inspection, and stocking of all incoming materials, supplies, etc.
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary to meet the needs of the organization from time to time, as needed.
- Inspect materials received and ensure bills of lading are correct and match purchase orders and receiving slips.
- Verify the quantity and quality of material received; check type, size part numbers and dimensions and other characteristics based on inspection criteria to properly identify materials.
- Route and/or deliver materials to storage or manufacturing locations.
- Maintain records and prepare receiving reports by entering in specific information into the ERP/MRP system.
- Work with accounting, purchasing, material handlers, operations, and engineering to ensure correct purchases and inventory.
- Assist other Quality team members in tasks such as performing internal audits; test fixture and equipment calibration, developing inspection criteria, software validation, and Final inspection of finished product.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and some prior work experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Hands-on knowledge of electromechanical parts is a plus.
The Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Requires mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and to make metric system conversions.
- Must have the ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions.
- Must have working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office applications.
- Requires good oral and written communication skills in order to interact professionally and courteously with other Associates.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
Physical requirements and working conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the associate is frequently required to stand and use hand(s) to operate tools and package parts. The associate will occasionally talk and listen, climb or balance, reach above shoulders, bend at the knees or waist. H/she will frequently sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle or touch, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and move from place to place. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, color vision and depth perception. Must be able to adequately hear to effectively discern differences in volume between different units. Must be able to frequently lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds and occasionally up to 80 pounds.
The Cherries on Top:
GMI offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Compensation with Annual Profit Sharing
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Long and Short term Disability, and AFLAC
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, plus 2 personal days annually
- Generous Employee Referral program
- Corporate sponsored Luncheons and Friday Happy Hour (returning post-Covid)
- Company Events, Competitions and Group Volunteer Opportunities (returning post-Covid)
We’re a medium size, family-oriented company that values our associates and are looking for your help to make a difference to the company’s overall success.
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you!
If you have questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org