About our environment
- GMI Solutions is a well established contract manufacturer established in 1983
- MūL Technologies is a robotic automation company
- Team and family oriented philosophy throughout
- Plenty of on-site amenities and special events
Under direct supervision of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, performs engineering and design activities related to supporting the manufacturing and service of electromechanical assemblies and computer solutions for medical and non-medical OEMs. Has direct interaction with all functional groups related to product design and manufacturing; directly supports the manufacturing and service of products after production release; and performs other related work as required.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary to meet the needs of the organization.
MANUFACTURING / DESIGN INTERFACE
- Lead, define and implement design for manufacturing principles on product initiatives (may perform some CAD design of metalwork, cables, etc).
- Engage in continuous improvement, manufacturing efficiencies.
- Provide input to the design process and verifies design output, ECO processing.
- Make Design for Manufacturing (DFM) recommendations on current customer designs, provide Return on Investments (ROI), and implement into production.
- Find the best solution to meet the needs specified by the design while ensuring smooth execution in manufacturing.
- Work directly with the customer from quote all the way through production.
- Develop bills of material and design small components based on the customer’s specifications.
- Develop, purchase, and validate manufacturing fixturing for specific project needs.
- Define, develop, and implement critical quality controls by risk reduction (PFMEA) Maintain documentation required to manufacture each product.
- Communicate the system design requirements from each project to manufacturing through clearly written and well visualized work instructions.
- Provide training on manufacturing and service processes.
- Develop the repair processes used in the service of products.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires a minimum of an associate degree in electrical, biomedical, industrial, mechanical, or manufacturing engineering technology OR a minimum of three years of prior work experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Extremely flexible to changing requirements and be able to effectively multi-task between several concurrent assignments often with competing deadlines.
- Experience in developing and updating procedures, build instructions, rework instructions, and process and/or software validations; be proficient with Excel; and demonstrate an understanding of how to read drawings, prints, and BOMs is preferred.
- Organized and highly responsive.
- Able to work closely with cross functional groups throughout the organization.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills in order to interact professionally with other Associates and (vendors, customers).
- Provide assistance to other Engineering projects and other departments as assigned.
- Responsible for proper handling of design data (confidentiality, properly filing of design data, etc.).
- Open and responsive to learning and developing new competencies both personally and for the organization.
- Supportive of continuous improvement within the department and individual processes.
- Has the foresight to alert appropriate individuals of potential problems.
- A positive attitude and be willing to go the extra mile when necessary to successfully complete projects.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally if necessary (≤15%).
Physical requirements and working conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office and lab setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the office. Strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 80 pounds. Vision to read printed materials and a computer screen. Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, this position is factory based, in Mequon, WI.
The Cherries on Top:
GMI offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Compensation with Annual Profit Sharing
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, plus 2 personal days annually
- Generous Employee Referral program
- Corporate sponsored Luncheons and Happy Hours
- Company Events, Competitions and Group Volunteer Opportunities
We’re a medium size, family-oriented company that values our associates and are looking for your help to make a difference to the company’s overall success.
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you!
If you have questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org