Manufacturing Technician / Assembler
About the GMI environment
- Team and family oriented philosophy throughout
- Extremely flexible work schedule
- Signing bonus
- Plenty of on-site amenities and special events
- GMI is a well established contract manufacturer established in 1983
If you love making products that make a difference in the world and want to do it in a clean, quiet atmosphere, consider helping GMI manufacture complex, technical products, many of which help save lives. Get the things you want, like flexible scheduling, fun times and a team that’s close knit. You will make a difference every day, and you will be appreciated for it! We are growing and we’re looking for conscientious self-starters to join our team of engaged, caring, hardworking people.
We build a variety of products from simple to complex offering challenging work to match your skill level and allow you to own builds from start to finish. We offer flexible 1st shift scheduling, Monday through Friday, in our manufacturing area with opportunities to grow internally. Most Associates have been with us for 10+ years, a testament to our positive, collaborative culture!
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Manufacturing Technician:
- Assemble and / or test a machine following specific build instructions containing text and pictures
- Function independently as part of a coordinated team environment
- Accurately inspect your work or the work of others
- Able to identify basic assembly defects and determine path to repair
- Accurately perform the necessary transactions to complete repairs
The Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Requires mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and to make metric system conversions.
- Must have the ability to read and understand written manufacturing instructions.
- Must be familiar with basic power tools such as a power screw driver.
- Requires good oral and written communication skills in order to interact professionally and courteously with other associates.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to regularly lift and move up to 50 pounds and stoop, kneel and move from place to place.
- Requires hand dexterity and close vision.
The Cherry on Top:
GMI offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Compensation with Annual Profit Sharing
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Long and Short term Disability, and AFLAC
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, plus 2 personal days annually!
- Generous Employee Referral program
- Corporate sponsored Luncheons and Friday Happy Hour
- Company Events, Competitions and Group Volunteer Opportunities
We’re a medium size, family-oriented company that values our associates and are looking for your help to make a difference to the company’s overall success.
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you!
If you have questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com