About the MūL environment
- Exciting opportunity to be part of a startup with the security of a proven company
- Part of GMI, a well established contract manufacturer established in 1983
- Team and family oriented philosophy throughout
- Plenty of on-site amenities and special events
- Work hard play hard mentality
MūL Technologies – Business Development Manager
Have you thought about how exciting it would be to work with a technology startup?
Do you want to be able to forge your own destiny? Are you interested in joining the robotics, connected vehicles and autonomous equipment revolution?
Imagine playing a significant role in a startup while having the team and resources of a well-established company standing with you. Your daily activities and ideas will directly influence the success of the company. The team consists of seasoned professionals that are experienced with growing successful businesses.
Under direct supervision of the President, the Business Development Manager is a hunter, fast learner, and excellent relationship builder interested in selling a high-tech product to industries of all types. To enable rapid and sustainable growth, we are looking for a business development executive who has relationships in the autonomous mobile robotic (AMR), warehouse robotics or industrial automation industry.
Join a team where you will be challenged, your opinion respected, and your reward is unlimited.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary to meet the needs of the organization from time to time.
- Execute a comprehensive strategic business development and market penetration plan for the MūL product line.
- Identify target key accounts and relevant business segments.
- Quickly learn about MūL Technologies and become familiar with the products to provide training and joint customer sales calls.
- Establish a robust sales distribution network throughout the U.S.
- Drive sales revenues by directly managing target distributors & customers, from lead generation to support of final contract negotiations.
- Support the distribution sales team on proposals. Collaborate on technical application questions and pricing.
- Track performance of distributors and build forecasts of upcoming needs.
- Maintain customer opportunity logs and follow up with customers both by phone, email and in person.
- Facilitate system demonstrations and site visits for prospects.
- Need to be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, working in a team environment, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales.
- Represent the company and its products at relevant industry trade shows, seminars and networking events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The right person will have any of the following: a Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering, or has completed a formalized technical vocational training, or a minimum of 3 years of work experience in technical sales with automation machinery, robotics, and industrial equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Successful track record in Sales, with a preferred background in Industrial Automation, Robotics, ROS-based Robotic Systems, Warehouse Automation or a related industry
- Solid understanding of the logistics and warehousing market.
- Ability to work in fast paced team environment.
- Strong strategic acumen with proven success in developing and executing business development/market penetration plans
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate with all levels from factory operators to C-level managers.
- Must be reliable and exhibit a high level of determination and tenacity.
- Provide a customer service-oriented, creative and driven approach.
- Experience with computer software packages such as Microsoft SharePoint, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Candidates must be open and willing to travel frequently (up to 50%).
We offer excellent benefits and competitive compensation based on experience, including:
- Base salary
- Uncapped commission potential
- Profit Sharing
- 401k Plan with match
- Health Insurance
- HSA Plan
- Company Phone + Laptop
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation Days and Personal/Sick Days
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings, conferences and trade shows. Strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, however, must be capable of flying. This is a factory-based position working out of the Mequon, WI facility with regular travel expected.
We’re a medium size, family-oriented company that values our associates and are looking for your leadership to make a difference to the company’s overall success and we’ll be here to help.
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you!
If you have questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com