MūL Technologies – Sales Representative
About the MūL environment
- Exciting opportunity to be part of a startup with the security of a proven company
- Part of GMI, a well established contract manufacturer established in 1983
- Team and family oriented philosophy throughout
- Plenty of on-site amenities and special events
- Work hard play hard mentality
Have you thought about how exciting it would be to work with a technology startup?
Do you want to be able to forge your own destiny? Are you interested in joining the robotics, connected vehicles and autonomous equipment revolution?
Imagine playing a significant role in a startup while having the team and resources of a well-established company standing with you. Your daily activities and ideas will directly influence the success of the company. The team consists of seasoned professionals that are experienced with growing successful businesses.
Under direct supervision of the President, the Sales Representative is a hunter, fast learner, and excellent relationship builder interested in selling a high-tech product to industries of all types. The Sales Representative will assume responsibility for day-to-day interactions with new and existing end-customers and distributors regarding the MūL product line.
The position is an office based position, however, some travel will be required for new customer introductions and trade shows.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary to meet the needs of the organization from time to time, as needed.
- Identify target key accounts and relevant business segments and serve as primary contact point for customers and distributors of the MūL product line.
- Quickly learn about MūL Technologies and become familiar with the products to provide training and joint customer sales calls.
- Need to be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, working in a team environment, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales.
- Represent the company and its products at relevant industry trade shows, seminars and networking events.
- Drive sales revenues by directly managing target distributors & customers, from lead generation to support of final contract negotiations.
- Facilitate system demonstrations and site visits for prospects.
- Support distribution sales team on proposals. Collaborate on technical application questions and pricing.
- Track performance of distributors and build forecasts of upcoming needs.
- Maintain customer opportunity logs and follow up with customers both by phone, email and in person.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires either graduation from a four-year college or university or a minimum of 3 years relative experience within or related to the sales function; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above. Project/Program Management experience a tremendous benefit.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must be open and responsive to learning and developing new competencies both personally and for the organization.
- Requires excellent oral, written and face-to-face communication skills in order to interact professionally and courteously with customers, Associates, vendors, etc.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task between several concurrent assignments often with competing deadlines.
- Must have the ability of foresight to alert appropriate individuals of potential problems.
- Must have a positive, can do attitude and be willing to go the extra mile when necessary to successfully complete projects.
- Provide assistance to other programs and departments as assigned.
- Must be extremely flexible to changing requirements.
We offer excellent benefits and competitive compensation based on experience, including:
- Base salary
- Uncapped commission potential
- Profit Sharing
- 401k Plan with match
- Health Insurance
- HSA Plan
- Company Phone + Laptop
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Personal/Sick Days
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings, conferences and trade shows. Strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, however, must be capable of flying.
This is a factory-based position working out of the Mequon, WI facility.
We’re a medium size, family-oriented company that values our associates and are looking for your leadership to make a difference to the company’s overall success and we’ll be here to help.
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you!
If you have questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org