New Product Development (NPD) Manufacturing Engineer
About our environment
- GMI Solutions is a well established contract manufacturer established in 1983
- MūL Technologies is a robotic automation company
- Team and family oriented philosophy throughout
- Plenty of on-site amenities and special events
The New Product Development (NPD) Manufacturing Engineer will be tasked with helping with new product development. This role will play a significant part in contributing to the organization’s growth and will be at the forefront of obtaining a wide range of new products for the company and overseeing current run rate programs. This position reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary to meet the needs of the organization.
NEW PRODUCT INTEGRATION
- Lead, define and implement design for manufacturing principles on future product initiatives (may perform some CAD design of metalwork, cables, etc).
- Work directly with customer from quoting process through production. In parallel define equipment, project scope, and lead internal and/or external suppliers to ensure success.
- Make Design for Manufacturing (DFM) recommendations on current customer designs, provide Return on Investments (ROI), and implement them into production.
- Define, develop, and implement critical quality controls by risk reduction (PFMEA) and verification (SPC and MSA) prior to new product launch.
- Create comprehensive plans for manufacturing new products, bills of material, kitting, product fixtures with effective data supporting decisions.
- Find the best solution to meet the needs specified by the design while ensuring smooth execution in manufacturing.
- Communicate the system design requirements from each project to manufacturing through clearly written and well visualized work instructions.
- Ensure product and process designs promote a safe launch with a safe working environment, quality output, meet delivery expectations, and are sustainable.
- Research the latest manufacturing technologies.
- Data analytics
MANUFACTURING / RUN RATE
- Maintain documentation required to manufacture each product.
- Provide training on manufacturing and service processes.
- Develop the repair processes used in the service of products.
- Labeling design and configuration.
- Engage in continuous improvement targeting reduction in manufacturing inefficiencies.
- Efficiently analyze the current situation to drive improvements in productivity, flow and process capability
- Assist in development and deployment of Lean methodologies in zone.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent area of study. Minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment. Additional certifications in area of expertise preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Requires Mechanical/ Electrical aptitude along with experience with New Product Introduction and Launch skills.
- Innovator, creative solutions, intelligent risk taker.
- Possess leadership and project management skills; must be extremely organized and highly responsive.
- Demonstrate proficiency with MS Office package, especially Excel.
- Must be flexible to changing requirements and able to effectively multi-task between competing deadlines.
- Able to work closely with cross functional activities throughout the organization.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to interact professionally and courteously with other Associates and (vendors, customers).
- Will provide assistance to other Engineering projects and other departments as assigned.
- Will be responsible for proper handling of design data (confidentiality, filing of design data, etc.).
- Must be open and responsive to learning and developing new competencies both personally and for the organization.
- Must be supportive of continuous improvement within the department and individual processes.
- Must have the foresight to alert appropriate individuals of potential problems.
- Must have a positive, must do attitude and be willing to go the extra mile when necessary to successfully complete projects.
- Experience in developing and updating procedures, build instructions, rework instructions, and process and/or software validations; and demonstrating an understanding of how to read drawings, prints, and BOMs is preferred.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally if necessary (infrequently).
Physical requirements and working conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office and lab setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the office. Strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 80 pounds. Vision to read printed materials and a computer screen. Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, this position is factory based, in Mequon, WI.
The Cherries on Top:
GMI offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Compensation with Annual Profit Sharing
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, plus 2 personal days annually
- Generous Employee Referral program
- Corporate sponsored Luncheons and Happy Hours
- Company Events, Competitions and Group Volunteer Opportunities
We’re a medium size, family-oriented company that values our associates and are looking for your help to make a difference to the company’s overall success.
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you!
If you have questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com