About the GMI environment
- GMI is a well established contract manufacturer established in 1983
- Team and family oriented philosophy throughout
- Plenty of on-site amenities and special events
- Work hard play hard mentality
This is a sales position based in Mequon, WI and involves managing all aspects of run rate programs along with working directly with an assigned Business Development Manager(s) to help migrate sales opportunities into run rate customers. Travel is expected to be around 35% of time or less.
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary to meet the needs of the organization from time to time, as needed.
- Engage with the Business Development Manager to identify, qualify and pursue new customer opportunities within existing accounts or with new target OEMs.
- Partnering with the Business Development Manager, to move sales funnel opportunities to run rate business. Including customer visits, coordinating engineering reviews, developing proposals, and scheduling customer audits.
- Manage the program development cycle.
- Work closely with all functional activities – engineering, procurement, quality, and operations.
- Create and maintain detailed Program Action Plans for all program activities.
- Travel to customer sites for Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Review end-of-life trackers and manage transition to the recommended replacement.
- Monitor profitability, purchase plans and perform competitive analysis.
- Manage individual quarterly travel budgets.
- Monitor sales revenue and push to meet and exceed quarterly sales goals.
- Manage customer purchase orders / Enter and maintain internal sales orders
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skills required. This position requires a minimum of a four-year degree and five years of experience with many of the sales functions described above.
The Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Program planning and implementation skills.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Experience with computers, preferably in a Windows-based operating environment.
- Knowledge of cost estimating and fiscal management principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of the complex sales process.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a cross functional structure.
Physical requirements and working conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
Must have the mobility to move around an office setting and have the ability to use standard office equipment, including a computer. The individual must be able to attend meetings at various locations inside and outside of the company. Vision is required to read printed materials and a computer screen. The applicant must have suitable hearing/speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is factory based in Mequon, WI.
The Cherry on Top:
GMI offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Compensation with Annual Profit Sharing
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Long and Short term Disability, and AFLAC
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, plus 2 personal days annually
- Generous Employee Referral program
- Corporate sponsored Luncheons and Friday Happy Hour (returning post-Covid)
- Company Events, Competitions and Group Volunteer Opportunities (returning post-Covid)
We’re a medium size, family-oriented company that values our associates and are looking for your help to make a difference to the company’s overall success.
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you!
If you have questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com