Purchasing Director Job Summary
GMI Solutions is a growing company with facilities in the Milwaukee WI and Shanghai China that manufactures products for OEMs. Our products help save lives and are critical parts of many major healthcare OEMs’ products.
We have grown significantly in the last years and the future appears to hold that pattern. We’re looking for a strategic thinker to help make a major impact on the company and guide our efforts to improve our position with our supply chain.
- Manage the procurement team
- Leverage best practices to ensure efficient and effective procurement of parts globally
- Manage annual spend of $30-40M+ across significant supplier base
- Mentor procurement team on efficiency and supplier relationship management
Under the general supervision of the CEO, this individual will be responsible for managing a team of supply chain management professionals and buyers, optimizing the overall cost of materials, developing global supply base and supply chain strategies, as well as negotiating pricing, terms and agreements with the supply chain. This individual will also oversee production planning, warehousing and inventory management through an established staff of associates.
Typical categories of products include:
- Electronic components and assemblies
- Mechanical components (metalwork, machined parts, off-the-shelf and custom)
- Embedded computer components
- Fasteners, consumables, and other items used in manufacturing
We’re a medium size, family-oriented company that values our associates and are looking for your leadership to make a difference to the company’s overall success and we’ll be here to help.
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you!
If you have questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com