About GMI’s facility
- Team and family oriented philosophy throughout
- Flexible scheduling
- Clean, quiet manufacturing environment
- We make a difference by manufacture products for healthcare companies that save lives
- Plenty of on-site amenities and special events
GMI Solutions – Quality Inspector Job Description
Under the direct supervision of the Quality Manager the Quality Inspector will perform in-process and final inspections and assist in ensuring compliance to Customer and Internal requirements of our QMS ISO13485
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary to meet the needs of the organization from time to time, as needed.
- Inspection of completed units; primarily concentrating on quality of mechanical assembly, configuration, physical appearance and assurance that all production processes were successfully completed. Responsible for authorizing release for shipment.
- Quality assurance of on-line build instruction content. Ensure that the integrity of the on-line build instructions remains relevant. Provide a path of real-time feedback and data from the production and warehouse area back to the manufacture engineers and quality team.
- Assist other Quality team members in tasks such as performing internal audits; test fixture and equipment calibration, developing inspection criteria, and Incoming inspection of raw material.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires high school diploma or equivalent; and at least two year of related work experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment. An Associates degree in computers or other related area is strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must be detail orientated and be able to accurately follow written directions.
- Must have working knowledge of entry level PC trouble shooting skills both hardware and software.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Must be familiar with installation and entry level support of Microsoft Windows.
- Requires good oral and written communication skills in order to interact professionally and courteously with other Associates and customers.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the Associate is occasionally required to stand and use hand(s) to operate tools and assemble parts. The Associate will occasionally talk and listen, and must be able to effectively communicate in person and over the telephone. H/she will frequently sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle or touch, stoop, and move from place to place. Associate must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the office, as needed. Specific vision requirements for this position include ability to read printed materials and a computer screen. Must be able to adequately hear to effectively discern differences in volume between different units. Must be able to frequently lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds and occasionally up to 80 pounds. This position is factory based, in Mequon, WI.
We’re a medium size, family-oriented company that values our associates and are looking for your leadership to make a difference to the company’s overall success and we’ll be here to help.
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you!
If you have questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com