Robotic Service Technician – Field Service
About our environment
- GMI Solutions is a well established contract manufacturer established in 1983
- MūL Technologies is a robotic automation company
- Team and family oriented philosophy throughout
- Plenty of on-site amenities and special events
If you have technical aptitude, can communicate effectively with customers, and think robots are cool; MūL Technologies has a great opportunity for you.
Under supervision of the GMI & MuL’s CTO, assume responsibility for technical diagnosis and repair of OEM MARC robotic carts. Occasional travel for on-site repair of MūL Technologies’ robotic cart products at customer locations. (MūL Technologies is GMI’s sister company and resides in the same building). Resources and support will be provided by Manufacturing Engineering, Service Repair Team and the MūL Technologies technical staff. Additional duties may include 3D printing, minor machining, as well as robot assembly and testing.
There will be customer interaction via email, phone calls and face-to-face meetings for field service/repair.
for maintaining and improving category management and supplier relationships to ensure continuous improvement in the quality, timeliness, and total cost of purchased components and services. Responsible for ensuring materials are ordered, considers as inputs the sales forecast and orders, production capacity, service requirements, safety stock, market conditions affecting material availability, customer special purchase agreements, and other relevant factors. Focus on increased GP for the company, to include, but not limited to, Cost Savings, Proactive Supplier Agreements, Continuous Improvement in processes.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary to meet the needs of the organization from time to time.
- Diagnosis and troubleshooting of returned robots from OEM customers.
- Installing new hardware and complex products while ensuring that they work correctly and safely
- Educating users about the correct use and upkeep of their robots
- Repairing broken-down or damaged robots either in the field or at a diagnostic and repair center
- Communicating technical information to customers in layman’s terms
- Gathering data and to share with technical and sales teams
- Travel is estimated at 15% – 20%, with trips lasting 1 – 2 days.
- Assessing hardware and installation functionality and preparing reports about maintenance and repair work
- Handling customer relations in a professional and friendly manner
- Sharing voice of the customer with technical and sales teams
- Ability to work flexible hours and work around a changing schedule
- Ability to work independently without much supervision
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
An associate’s or bachelor’s degree is preferred.
At least 3 – 5 years of related experience is required (Robotics preferred but not necessary)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Learns new maintenance skills quickly.
- Collaborates with managers and service technicians has strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates time management, problem-solving, and organization skills.
- Ability to read and understand drawings/prints and ability to interpret all specifications.
- Strong communication skills to function effectively with Vendors, co-workers, and customers.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task between several concurrent assignments often with competing deadlines.
- Must be familiar with proper handling of customer data (confidentiality, properly filing of design data, etc.).
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude; willing to go the extra mile to successfully complete projects.
- Ability to diagnose and solve customer problems based upon non-technical descriptions
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Ability to travel and rent vehicles to visit customer locations.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job which include bending, lifting heavy equipment and working in confined spaces.
- Willing to travel up to 20%. Travel will be domestically and occasionally internationally as necessary.
Physical requirements and working conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office and lab setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the office. Strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 80 pounds. Vision to read printed materials and a computer screen. Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Occasionally required to travel domestically and internationally, up to 20%. Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. This position is factory based, in Mequon, WI.
The Cherries on Top:
GMI offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Compensation with Annual Profit Sharing
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, plus 2 personal days annually
- Generous Employee Referral program
- Corporate sponsored Luncheons and Happy Hours
- Company Events, Competitions and Group Volunteer Opportunities
We’re a medium size, family-oriented company that values our associates and are looking for your help to make a difference to the company’s overall success.
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you!
If you have questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com