About the GMI environment
GMI is a stable privately held business that has been around for over 30 years.
We have steady growth, and need hard working dedicated team members to join the GMI family.
- Team and family oriented philosophy throughout.
- We make a difference by manufacture products for healthcare companies that save lives.
- Plenty of on-site amenities and special events.
- Work hard play hard mentality.
GMI Solutions – Sales Engineer
Under supervision of the Director of Business Development, assume responsibility for day-to-day interactions with new and existing customers who are looking for GMI’s manufacturing and engineering services for their complex end products. The Sales Project Engineer (aka Sales Engineer) will closely collaborate with our Business Development and Account Management sales teams in securing and managing new production programs. There will be heavy customer interaction from the initial introduction, focus on Project Management, and eventual hand-off from prototype to manufacturing release.
With support of GMI’s internal design & manufacturing engineering teams, you will be responsible for assessing the technical aspects of a new program and evaluating input and recommendations on materials, components, production, testing, regulatory compliance, and other outsourcing needs of the customers. You will have access to resources in Manufacturing Engineering and Purchasing.
Working with the Business Development team will include presenting and solution selling of various hardware, material recommendations and services to key decision makers and C-level executives.
Some travel (up to 30%) will be required for new customer introductions and development of ongoing relationships with key technical contacts within customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary to meet the needs of the organization from time to time, as needed.
Manufacturing / Design Interface
- Primary contact point and technical lead on Programs from initial customer engagement through production release
- Interact regularly with customer teams during the design and prototyping phases of a program. May include both technical and business related personnel
- Project Management lead for new programs – coordination of customer actions, internal company commitments and timelines
- Must be extremely organized and highly responsive
- Able to work closely with cross functional activities throughout the organization
- Ability to assign and manage appropriate program tasks, as they relate to the top-level project schedule
- Management of program timelines / schedule
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project and MS Office Suite (outlook, word, excel and ppt)
Engineering / Design:
- Understand the interaction of designed subsystems in their relationship to the final product
- General electrical and mechanical assembly knowledge preferred
- Coordination of resources contributing to designs
- Interpretation of customer design inputs including concepts, print packages, etc
- Knowledge of commercial of-the-shelf (COTS) products for use in designs
- Review and general understanding of schematics, circuit board level and/or sheet metal enclosure design
- Responsible for the coordination of solutions to reported customer problems during the design and prototype phase
- Responsible for coordinating prototyping and small runs of engineering samples
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or an equivalent, and a minimum of five years prior experience preferably in a manufacturing environment. Project/Program Management experience a tremendous benefit.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must be open and responsive to learning and developing new competencies both personally and for the organization.
- Requires excellent oral, written and face-to-face communication skills in order to interact professionally and courteously with customers, Associates, vendors, etc.
- Must have the ability of foresight to alert appropriate individuals of potential problems.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task between several concurrent assignments often with competing deadlines.
- Must be familiar with proper handling of design data (confidentiality, properly filing of design data, etc.).
- Must have a positive, can do attitude and be willing to go the extra mile when necessary to successfully complete projects.
- Provide assistance to other programs and departments as assigned.
- Must be extremely flexible to changing requirements.
- Must be supportive of continuous improvement within the department and individual processes.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office and lab setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the office. Strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 80 pounds. Vision to read printed materials and a computer screen. Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Occasionally required to travel domestically and internationally. Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. This position is factory based, in Mequon, WI.
We’re a medium size, family-oriented company that values our associates and are looking for your leadership to make a difference to the company’s overall success and we’ll be here to help.
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you!
If you have questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org