About our environment
- GMI Solutions is a well established contract manufacturer established in 1983
- MūL Technologies is a robotic automation company
- Team and family oriented philosophy throughout
- Plenty of on-site amenities and special events
Responsible for maintaining and improving category management and supplier relationships to ensure continuous improvement in the quality, timeliness, and total cost of purchased components and services. Responsible for ensuring materials are ordered, considers as inputs the sales forecast and orders, production capacity, service requirements, safety stock, market conditions affecting material availability, customer special purchase agreements, and other relevant factors. Focus on increased GP for the company, to include, but not limited to, Cost Savings, Proactive Supplier Agreements, Continuous Improvement in processes.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary to meet the needs of the organization from time to time, as needed.
- Responsible for developing and implementing appropriate procurement strategies for assigned commodities including supplier solicitation, selection, award, maintenance, and end-of-life (EOL) transitions.
- Manage supplier business relationships in supporting long term partnership and operational objectives including development and implementation of value-add programs and resolution of supply chain issues.
- Proactively manages materials through utilization of MRP/ERP tools, including forecast analysis and on-going maintenance of other MRP planning parameters such as lead times, lot sizes, economic order quantities, and safety stock levels.
- Accurately maintains component and delivery information in the ERP system.
- Review component requirements daily. Through the creation and maintenance of purchase orders, support all requirements for assigned components at lowest total cost while meeting quality and delivery expectations.
- Advises all affected parties of the impact of changes in component price, availability, or quality.
- Participate in/represent Purchasing functions within Company Culture team environment. Form cohesive relationships with other team members, including representatives from Sales and Engineering.
- Participate in various business teams within the company that focus on cost reductions, lead time reductions, supplier consolidation, international sourcing efforts, and other continuous improvement initiatives.
- Participate with the Supplier Quality Department on supplier audits and the qualification of new suppliers.
- Develop creative approaches to reduce unfavorable purchase price variances and the overall supplier base.
- Assist with other materials projects to reduce the lead time of materials from vendor to customer including JIT, Kanban, and other inventory handling techniques and computerized vendor replenishment systems.
- Assist in processing Material Returns with review and disposition of non-conforming materials to Suppliers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A Bachelor’s degree in a job-related major or equivalent experience with formal training in the state-of-the-art materials planning/handling concepts and techniques (i.e.: JIT, KANBAN, DFT) is required. Training in American Production and Inventory Control System (APICS), Purchasing Managers Association (PMA), or some other professional materials organization desired. CPIM, CSCP, or CPSM certification a plus. Knowledge of QRM, Quick Response Manufacturing, techniques a plus.
Requires 3 plus years of experience in commodity management, material planning, scheduling, or direct purchasing in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Office applications. Previous experience using and a thorough understanding of MRP/ERP systems required.
- Experience in developing and implementing supply chain programs such as: Kanban, Lean, and other JIT delivery programs.
- Experienced in using various web-based EDI programs / development and implementation a plus.
- Ability to lead functional and cross-functional teams in completing projects.
- Well organized; ability to effectively manage and prioritize several tasks on a regular basis.
- Must possess ability to manage dynamic environment and changing requirements and possess continuous improvement skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions related to scheduling, inventory investment, and customer service.
- Ability to develop positive and effective relationships with suppliers, intra-departmentally, as well as in other areas of the company.
- Must possess Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively and comfortably as well as interact professionally and courteously with other Associates, vendors, and customers.
Physical requirements and working conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the Associate must possess mobility to work in a standard office and ability to navigate about the manufacturing floor and warehouses safely in a normal manufacturing work environment and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the office, as needed. The Associate will frequently talk and listen and must be able to hear and speak to communicate in person and over the telephone. H/she will occasionally sit, stand, use hands to finger to effectively use keyboard, handle or touch, and move from place to place. Specific vision requirements for this position include ability to read printed materials and a computer screen. This position is factory based, in Mequon, WI.
The Cherries on Top:
GMI offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Compensation with Annual Profit Sharing
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, plus 2 personal days annually
- Generous Employee Referral program
- Corporate sponsored Luncheons and Happy Hours
- Company Events, Competitions and Group Volunteer Opportunities
We’re a medium size, family-oriented company that values our associates and are looking for your help to make a difference to the company’s overall success.
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you!
If you have questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com