Videographer / Content Creator
We are looking for an energetic, creative individual with premier video editing skills to help us fully embrace video and take our external and internal communications to the next level. Some of your work will be the first impression people get of our company and needs to clearly express just how amazing the company and the associates are. Projects will vary widely and keep you on your toes day-to-day and they will be an incredibly important part of the world’s perception of GMI and MuL Technologies.
About the GMI environment
- GMI is a stable contract manufacturer established in 1983
- Team and family oriented philosophy throughout
- Plenty of on-site amenities and special events
- Work hard play hard mentality
Under direct supervision of the Director of Marketing, this position will assume responsibility for all aspects of video ideation, filming, editing and posting. Guide and execute use of video for many aspects of the business, including but not limited to;
- Storyboarding, script writing, shooting, editing and updating promotional videos for GMI.
- Creating video blog posts for the GMI web site blog while interfacing with various associates.
- Develop system for team members to easily do video communications / outbound promoting.
- Develop, implement and maintain system for submitting proposals with video presentations.
- Create and update video tour of GMI, including specific product / services highlight videos.
- Create and update recruiting videos for GMI’s careers site.
- Develop process for capturing video build instructions for internal use in manufacturing.
- Promoting GMI via web site and social media using video content.
- Time lapse videos of various products being assembled, tested, shipped.
- Create and manage library of footage for assembly into customer-specific presentations.
- Training the team on potential benefits of using video for promotions and internal tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary to meet the needs of the organization from time to time, as needed.
- Create tutorial videos from scratch – script, audio, recording, editing – in a timely manner.
- Collaborate closely with the knowledge base manager to identify the gaps and come up with video presentation ideas accordingly.
- Ensure that the videos content is constantly updated based on changes of the products.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Experience 1-3 years in Video-editing/Creative design required.
- Content (script and supporting) writing skills.
- Ability to do voice over.
- Creative thinker.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite or other photo/video editing toolset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to foster a team oriented cooperative work environment.
- Understanding of lighting, motion capabilities, etc and use of equipment including lightboxes, studio lighting, flashes, gimbals, microphones, and related hardware.
- Strong photography skills a plus.
- Desktop publishing skills a plus.
Physical requirements and working conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the office. Strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds. Vision to read printed materials and a computer screen. Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment This position is factory based, in Mequon, WI.
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you!
Please be sure to include a portfolio of your amazing work to dazzle us.
If you have questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org