About the GMI environment
- GMI is a well established contract manufacturer established in 1983
- Team and family oriented philosophy throughout
- Plenty of on-site amenities and special events
- Work hard play hard mentality
Summary (formal job description here)
Under the direction of the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Associate is responsible for assisting with various warehouse duties and building maintenance tasks.
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary to meet the needs of the organization from time to time, as needed.
- Assist with warehouse duties such as: supply manufacturing areas with needed materials from inventory; load or unload trucks and materials onto or from pallets, trays, carts or shelves; prepare customer orders for shipping; check shipment for correct materials, packing, and crating, tagging and handling instructions, loading and bracing, etc.
- Perform building maintenance activities to include: collect and remove all waste, placing recyclable materials in the proper containers; sweep and/or mop floors; vacuum carpets and rugs; replace burned out lights; replace or repair ceiling tiles; patch/paint walls; all other building related activities.
- Grounds maintenance, such as pick up and dispose of trash on lawns and in parking lots; remove snow using snow removal equipment and shovels; spread snow and ice melting chemicals on sidewalks and parking areas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent; and some prior related work experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
The Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must have working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have the ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions and requires basic mathematical skills.
- Requires good oral and written communication skills in order to interact professionally and courteously with other Associates.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
Physical requirements and working conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the associate is frequently required to stand and use hand(s) to operate tools and handle parts. The Associate will occasionally talk and listen, climb or balance, reach above shoulders, bend at the knees or waist. H/she will frequently sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle or touch, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and move from place to place. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, color vision and depth perception. Must be able to regularly lift and move items weighing 10-50 pounds and occasionally lift and move items weighing up to 80 pounds.
The Cherry on Top:
GMI offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Compensation with Annual Profit Sharing
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Long and Short term Disability, and AFLAC
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, plus 2 personal days annually
- Generous Employee Referral program
- Corporate sponsored Luncheons and Friday Happy Hour (returning post-Covid)
- Company Events, Competitions and Group Volunteer Opportunities (returning post-Covid)
We’re a medium size, family-oriented company that values our associates and are looking for your help to make a difference to the company’s overall success.
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you!
If you have questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org